Located off the east coast of Johor - 15 km from Mersing, the Besar Island is another Malaysia’s paradise island where stretches of untouched beautiful beaches will overwhelm visitors from around the world.
This island offers visitors clear blue waters where coral reefs form an enchanting underwater garden below and is only an hour boat ride journey from Mersing.
How to Get There
- By Air-Cond Coach -- Journey takes 3 hours to Mersing Jetty. Coach leaves Singapore, Golden Mile Complex at 0630 hrs.
- By Car -- Drive along the Kota Tinggi trunk road to Mersing. Journey takes approximately 2 ½ hours.
From Kuala Lumpur
- By Air -- Take a connecting flight to Senai Airport, Johor and continue journey by taxi to Mersing Jetty. Journey takes 2 hours.
- By Car -- Drive along the North-South Highway, exit at Air Hitam interchange. After the toll booth, turn right and proceed to Kluang town. Follow sign boards to Mersing. Journey takes 4 ½ hours.
Return Boat Transfer
- Boat from Mersing Jetty to Pulau Besar at 1230 hrs daily.
- Boat from Pulau Besar to Mersing at 1030 hrs daily.
*The resort reserves the right to reschedule or cancel boat timing due to sea, weather and tide conditions.*